theotherjay

HBN-Specific Staking Question

FlungSpun

Sounds like you got an orphan POS block.

Nothing to worry about but they do create clutter in the transactions list eventually

The stake coins in that failed POS block coins would then return to your balance and re-stake (a few hours later with a little more age) and successfully earn you 51.7 HBN interest.

You can remove the orphan from your transaction list with the handy repair wallet tool in the 1.4 client.

I just got rid of 42 of them myself.

NuShrike

I've noticed the wallet 1.4.0.1 doesn't stake (or will stake with orphan) if I'm not using the default-wallet to stake.

I have an empty default wallet and a unencrypted "stake" wallet loaded. I've been staking since April 17th with values of 3.11, 7.81, 6.36 HBN (and additionally more since), and have not once PoS mined, except for an orphan on 2014/05/01.  

Green-arrow says I have PoS weight of 228 against 297367. 50% stake in 4 days.

getmininginfo says:

"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},

When I was staking with the default wallet, it was PoS mining every couple days or at most a week.

presstab

I don't have this specific problem. I have the same version of the wallet and my default wallet remains empty. I have noticed that the stake weight is much higher on average right now making it much harder for small blocks to stake.

ElTomeko27

I've noticed the wallet 1.4.0.1 doesn't stake (or will stake with orphan) if I'm not using the default-wallet to stake.

I have an empty default wallet and a unencrypted "stake" wallet loaded. I've been staking since April 17th with values of 3.11, 7.81, 6.36 HBN (and additionally more since), and have not once PoS mined, except for an orphan on 2014/05/01.  

getmininginfo says:

},

When I was staking with the default wallet, it was PoS mining every couple days or at most a week.

Your block is probably very small. When You eventually stake this block I suggest You to combine it for a bigger...it would be much easier to get stake

rgm108

I don't think there is anything wrong with the new wallet (V 1.4.0.1)

I have received stakes with the new wallet but I try not to stake blocks smaller than 100HBN. It might be the size of your blocks as mentioned in the previous post.

Tranz

getmininginfo says:

},

Your weight is low, but it will gain over time and it should stake.

If you want to check the rpc information about a wallet that is not the default, you have to preface each command with usewallet <wallet name> example

usewallet stake getmininginfo

• Like 1

NuShrike

Thanks for the answers!

Didn't know about this syntax: usewallet stake getmininginfo

"minimum" : 241,
"combined" : 241
},

Alright, I'll wait a bit longer though I've never had a problem with the block size with the same stake and network weights. It just meant tiny interest.

Meantime, I'm going to start reversing my deposits to see how that goes.

Tranz

Use coin control (list mode) and sort by weight, you will see exactly what is going on.

NuShrike

Yup, explored that long ago.
7.x block dated 4/17 weight 126

6.x block dated 4/24 weight 60

3.x block dated 4/17 weight 50

3.x block dated 4/29 weight 14

The rest of the blocks haven't matured yet.

NuShrike

Sounds like an orphan. Read this article for complete details http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Orphan

Sure, but I've already Repaired the wallet, and orphaning doesn't explain the continued lack of PoS mining in the 2nd wallet.

X.xx 4/17 weight 62

X.xx 4/17 weight 156

X.xx 4/24 weight 109

X.xx 4/29 weight 38

X.xx 5/04 weight 24

X.xx 5/05 weight 19

Still no PoS. Wallet is left open and Internet-connected at least 16 hours a day.

A few days more my default-wallet can start staking and I'll bet it'll mine before the 2nd wallet.

presstab

There is a lot of random chance involved with staking. I have an 18 day old 135 HBN block with a weight of 1134 that still hasn't staked. But yesterday I had a block with less weight stake. One block is chosen to stake every 30-60 seconds.  Everyone else is trying to stake at the same time. The larger the block the faster it will accumulate weight and therefore the quicker it will be to stake. I suggest to keep waiting or combine them all into one larger block and wait.

Also remember that they stop building weight after 20 days.

NuShrike

Update: so I've now successfully staked from the default-wallet that didn't immediately become an orphan as per my stake-wallet.

This is a good enough working solution for me. So, I won't move any more value out of the "stake" wallet, but I will no actively longer keep it online to stake.