NEWS
  • WELCOME TO CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK!
  • We've upgraded the website with a lot of new features!
  • 3 NEW THEMES! Click on the + Themes button above!
  • Notice about SOCIAL LINKS: UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
  • New video section, add your videos: VIDEO SECTION
  • Advertising will be available shortly, hold tight.
  • If you have any issues with the new site, please submit a support ticket: SUPPORT
Tranz

HBN Version 1.5 (Update by Jan 17, 2015)

Hmm the wallet update seems to be messing with the POS . last 4 stakes were all orphaned , Keeping wallet closed till what ever went wrong with wallet up date is fixed .

Nothing wrong with the network at all. All old clients and new 1.5 clients are still on the same chain, and are still staking fine.

A few orphans here or there can happen from time to time, nothing to worry about. Just make sure you are up to date with the block chain.

If you feel more comfortable keeping the wallet closed for a while, no problem there. But all is well from my perspective.

There is the Ubuntu version released already? Great!

Are these all needed dependencies or go I have something redundant/missing:

sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev
sudo apt-get install libqt4-gui
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev 
Edited by HCLivess

You want me to upload the blockchain for you? OK

here it is:

http://hardcoregaming.eu/hbn/blk0001.zip

Thanks for that. The qt refuses to scan the bootstrap, it insists on going to the network. Any thoughts?

Edit: I might have gotten it to work. Had to use -reindex and I renamed the file, -rescan refused to work and launching qt with only blk001.dat in the folder didn't work either.

Edited by rdyoung

Thanks for that. The qt refuses to scan the bootstrap, it insists on going to the network. Any thoughts?

Edit: I might have gotten it to work. Had to use -reindex and I renamed the file, -rescan refused to work and launching qt with only blk001.dat in the folder didn't work either.

Hi, have you tried renaming the file to bootstrap.dat?

I found out today that it needs to be done so the file is not ignored and instead imported. However it seems like it may take hours.

Hi, have you tried renaming the file to bootstrap.dat?

I found out today that it needs to be done so the file is not ignored and instead imported. However it seems like it may take hours.

Yeah, I left that out of my last reply. And yeah, its gonna take hours or days, I am using an aws instance and its more than enough for simple staking, but syncing and indexing pushes the cpu past its max.

If you replace both the blk0001.dat and txleveldb dir it should be much faster.

See this page.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Replace_Blockchain

and this page to download from 3/1/15

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzu9hu5w37f7rmb/HoboBlockChain03-01-15.zip

Thanks for that. I have been trying to get HBN synced for nearly 3 weeks. At first I was able to DL a bootstrap that left me 6 months behind iirc, and then as of a few days ago I was still 3 months behind the blockchain. I am using a spare laptop to reindex the bootstrap with the wallet.dat I am using and hopefully it will get through it eventually, I can then zip and upload it to my AWS instance so I don't have to have it running locally.