67 posts in this topic

For those that don't know what Boinc is, I am pretty sure they can use Google to find out. I think the fact that they don't know would be better as it would rouse curiosity, No?

I agree, plus we are currently looking at banners destined to go on this forum, or BOINC Stats. We are definitely not trying to appeal to the total layman.

The Charlatan

I agree, plus we are currently looking at banners destined to go on this forum, or BOINC Stats. We are definitely not trying to appeal to the total layman.

Yeah, don't tell them, hide our topmost beneficial feature behind lookup effort. Maybe we could write B01|\|C to make it more fun for insiders ;)

sebastian-- likes this

Well, when a person looks at any of the banners I think there is already enough information there to rouse interest, plus once they get to the main website everything is explained there anyways. So either way I think the banners we currently have are enough and we should just run them on this forum and see what happens!

Yeah, don't tell them, hide our topmost beneficial feature behind lookup effort. Maybe we could write B01|\|C to make it more fun for insiders ;)

I wasn't sure where the ad's were going to be running so if they are running at locations where folks have some familiarity with mining then it makes sense with what is being proposed in the banners.

Mike

Hello everyone,

i did another alternative draft, having this forum as placement destination in mind: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o78qdzotdhoeei/Ad-gridcoin-us.jpg?dl=0

"Still wasting power on pow" = A slogan I have from anon.

Powered by boinc is a logo i found in google. Don't know if its allowed to use in ads though.

Which site will be linked to? On the landing page, the information flow should be fit to the target audience's expectations (just my suggestion). Do you have kind of tracking in place in order to measure the campaigns success?

For advertising on BOINC official, i liked the concept of this ad:  http://postimg.org/image/3u4cvipwl/

All my best

LXP / GRC Team Germany

sebastian-- likes this

I don't know about you guys, but IMO.. using words like get paid, be paid, pays... or rather anything that suggest getting paid (like a job), just feels like one of the millions of "Get Rich Today Working From Home" ads you see EVERYWHERE, EVERYDAY. Seriously, tell me. What is your reaction when you see ads like these? "Yeah... Right". Or... you probably don't realised it because your brain has already shut it off completely. It's being ignore subconciously.

IMHO, it really devalues/decredits/undermines what Gridcoin is really about.

So, what is Gridcoin? A program that pays you to do work? Coz that's what you guys are bascially saying. Gridcoin pays you to do work.......

You have to really really dig right to the core of what Gridcoin is and then present that idea. Maybe we should ask Rob. What made him start Gridcoin? Why did he start Gridcoin? What's the motivation? What exactly is Gridcoin?

Why are advertising/marketing companies being paid MILLIONS of dollars. If running an advert/marketing means, simply putting together a few works, some graphics... advertising/marketing companies will not exists, because we don't need them.

Please do not be offended. Just giving my 1 GRC worth.

Edit: BONIC cruchers are not doing BOINC because of money.... Think about it.

2nd Edit: If I'm a hardcore crucher/folder (because I want to help humanity), I will be seriously offended if you tell me you are going to pay me, because that's not why I'm doing what I'm doing....

Edited by sEpuLchEr

Gridcoin - Paving the Way Towards a Better Tomorrow

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS

sEpuLchEr

I fully agree with what you have posted. I'll stress the point again, that the add will be used at BOINC stats, so only targeting people who already run BOINC. The only initiative they have to run Gridcoin on the side, is the fact, that they now will receive recompensation for their word. Maybe change the word paid, to compensated, that should meet the points that have been made so far.

GRCnation likes this

The Charlatan

sEpuLchEr

I fully agree with what you have posted. I'll stress the point again, that the add will be used at BOINC stats, so only targeting people who already run BOINC. The only initiative they have to run Gridcoin on the side, is the fact, that they now will receive recompensation for their word. Maybe change the word paid, to compensated, that should meet the points that have been made so far.

See Rob's first post. It's for this forum. Also, for BOINC users, their "Rewards" is points, and how fast and how much they can cruch, and knowing what they do will help improve people's life.

If I were to approach current BONIC users, my approach will be that Gridcoin can help futher improve research. How? By having a way to compensate project owners so they can provide better projects/research, maybe even attract more project/research to be started. So, by running and using Gridcoin, you are supporting project/research owners too.

And as for cruchers, being able to get better and more hardware to be able to contribute more. So, yes.. compensation is a good word.

Gridcoin - Paving the Way Towards a Better Tomorrow

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS

Maybe instead of "get paid", the phrase can be changes to "get rewarded"! But I think for the cryptocointalk banners what we have now works, for the Boincstats one we can finesse it a little more! Should we do a vote on which one to use for cryptocointalk ??

See Rob's first post. It's for this forum. Also, for BOINC users, their "Rewards" is points, and how fast and how much they can cruch, and knowing what they do will help improve people's life.

If I were to approach current BONIC users, my approach will be that Gridcoin can help futher improve research. How? By having a way to compensate project owners so they can provide better projects/research, maybe even attract more project/research to be started. So, by running and using Gridcoin, you are supporting project/research owners too.

And as for cruchers, being able to get better and more hardware to be able to contribute more. So, yes.. compensation is a good word.

Edited by traderman

I like that banner, just make the GRC logo much bigger so a person can see it!

Hello everyone,

i did another alternative draft, having this forum as placement destination in mind: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o78qdzotdhoeei/Ad-gridcoin-us.jpg?dl=0

"Still wasting power on pow" = A slogan I have from anon.