link125

Forums need a massive cleanup!

Any chance of changing gridcoin's description in the forum? "Scrypt based cryptocoin with re-target every 30 minutes, 5-150 coins per block, and 168-300 million total coins."

I contacted Jimmy and he told me only Rob could request the change. I forwarded the convo to Rob.

vbulletin is just a customizable php/mysql based message board.  the main advantage is it would live on the gridcoin.us site and not be on cryptocointalk - so gridcoin gets a more respectable presence.  the other advantages would be the customization and private subs to work out operational details (what we're using /r/gridcoinvolunteer for).  also it wouldn't require everyone asking Rob to make changes like we currently do for this board. 

vbulletin is just a customizable php/mysql based message board.  the main advantage is it would live on the gridcoin.us site and not be on cryptocointalk - so gridcoin gets a more respectable presence.  the other advantages would be the customization and private subs to work out operational details (what we're using /r/gridcoinvolunteer for).  also it wouldn't require everyone asking Rob to make changes like we currently do for this board.

So by having a dedicated forum gridcoin will be more respectable? This forum isn't that respectable? I've helped gridcoin from the beginning. Rob is more than welcome to do what he chooses. He can have as many mods as he wants here.

CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK.COM

Discussing the world of cryptocoins and cryptocurrencies.

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com
Support:  https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/support/

Rules:  https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/guidelines/

My comment was not intended as an insult to you, Rob, or the Cryptocoin boards.  I merely wanted to point out that communication and limited control seem to be limiting moving forward with non-technical things like advertising and incorporation.  For example, it's been a number of months since GRC stopped being scrypt-based (and almost a week since it's been pointed out) and it is still in the header.  It seems access is a bottleneck.

If Gridcoin aspires to be in the same disruptor category as large cryptos then it should have its own message board.  Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and even Reddcoin have independent message boards.  It provides a certain credibility and branding to a coin that a shared board with Hamradiocoin and Murraycoin do not.

Everyone's contributions, past and present, to the success of Gridcoin are valued.  I only want to point out that what works for getting a coin launched does not necessarily work for building a successful currency brand. 

Edited by manybags

It provides a certain credibility and branding to a coin that a shared a board with Hamradiocoin and Murraycoin do not.

Have something against Hamradiocoin?

The Charlatan

vbulletin is just a customizable php/mysql based message board. the main advantage is it would live on the gridcoin.us site and not be on cryptocointalk - so gridcoin gets a more respectable presence. the other advantages would be the customization and private subs to work out operational details (what we're using /r/gridcoinvolunteer for). also it wouldn't require everyone asking Rob to make changes like we currently do for this board.

Rob runs the gridcoin.us site, we would have to ask him to install it and most changes would probably have to be approved by him like with the current website. If you or a small group wanted to host one to see how it goes I don't see any problem with it but you won't get the gatekeeper advantage you are seeking through gridcoin.us.

Also cct integrates well with tapatalk, has a nice mobile interface, and provides exposure to a wide audience, it's telling when you get to the main page how active our forum is by the number of posts, we wouldn't get that if the main forum was moved.

Edited by RTMoney

My comment was not intended as an insult to you, Rob, or the Cryptocoin boards.  I merely wanted to point out that communication and limited control seem to be limiting moving forward with non-technical things like advertising and incorporation.  For example, it's been a number of months since GRC stopped being scrypt-based (and almost a week since it's been pointed out) and it is still in the header.  It seems access is a bottleneck.

If Gridcoin aspires to be in the same disruptor category as large cryptos then it should have its own message board.  Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and even Reddcoin have independent message boards.  It provides a certain credibility and branding to a coin that a shared a board with Hamradiocoin and Murraycoin do not.

Everyone's contributions, past and present, to the success of Gridcoin are valued.  I only want to point out that what works for getting a coin launched does not necessarily work for building a successful currency brand.

I've seen so many coins go down the tubes as soon as they go the dedicated forum route it isnt even funny. No offense but the three coins you mentioned are huge.. having a Grc dedicated forum isnt going to make the coin.

The advantage of having many discussions about several coins is that it brings lots of people, shelter just Grc people on a dedicated forum and things could get lonely.

Rob can contact me about any changes he needs. If he would decide a dedicated forum would be the best thing for the coin he can do that. Its up to him.

CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK.COM

Discussing the world of cryptocoins and cryptocurrencies.

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com
Support:  https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/support/

Rules:  https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/guidelines/