Tranz

Block Explorer Needed

presstab

No problem, I can only imagine the memory it takes to search through the HBN chain.

Meska

A little HBN/USD :P
And also for me, as a European, HBN/EUR could be great :P 

But it looks awesome from my point of view, better and better everyday !

Great work :)

ghostlander

I have updated and de-uglified your block explorer, enjoy.

Tranz

Thank you!

Always nice to have the support of the community.

unick

A little HBN/USD :P

And also for me, as a European, HBN/EUR could be great :P

But it looks awesome from my point of view, better and better everyday !

Great work :)

I will add that soon  ;)

ghostlander

My block explorer has slowed down somewhat as the caching SSD died. Waiting for a replacement.

• Like 1

presstab

My block explorer has slowed down somewhat as the caching SSD died. Waiting for a replacement.

Let me know an HBN donation address that we can get added to hobonickels.info - your block explorer is a valuable addition to our community.

ghostlander

Let me know an HBN donation address that we can get added to hobonickels.info - your block explorer is a valuable addition to our community.

I'm not asking for donations usually, but these block explorers are very resource hungry. They like fast SSD storage very much, but these are expensive and most of the modern MLC SSDs are shit quality. Been thinking of adding CoinURL context ads, but I doubt they can generate much income. Anyway, EsuWtARNi6uHzbVaPtiFjKTV7dha9aytRm, let's see.

• Like 1

ghostlander

The HBN block chain grows very fast, so do the memory requirements. When I set up a block explorer for HBN in December, it was at block height #400K and both PXC and HBN block explorers were running nicely on the same 1Gb VPS. Now HBN is at #900K and the memory requirements are 500Mb for the daemon alone + there are SQL tables. Block index is kept in RAM, so memory consumption grows over time. After a dead lock yesterday, I had to move the PXC block explorer to another VPS to free some resources. Yet I'm afraid it's a matter of a couple of months to see it running out of memory again.

presstab

Hmmm interesting that block index is stored in ram, i wonder if there is a way to optimize that with a more practical solution.

unick

The HBN block chain grows very fast, so do the memory requirements. When I set up a block explorer for HBN in December, it was at block height #400K and both PXC and HBN block explorers were running nicely on the same 1Gb VPS. Now HBN is at #900K and the memory requirements are 500Mb for the daemon alone + there are SQL tables. Block index is kept in RAM, so memory consumption grows over time. After a dead lock yesterday, I had to move the PXC block explorer to another VPS to free some resources. Yet I'm afraid it's a matter of a couple of months to see it running out of memory again.

I have the same issue, 

over time, it grows so much out of hand that eventually it will crash. I believe this is the reason sometimes you find blockx.info down.  The client crashed has there is no more memory available.

Even adding more swap space is only pushing the problem further away.

This definitely needs an optimization

ghostlander

It died again yesterday. I've pushed SQL caching to the maximum yet it eats like 4GB of read I/O every 10 minutes and even more sometimes. The DB size is 2.6GB. I think it desperately needs more memory.

cazze

It died again yesterday. I've pushed SQL caching to the maximum yet it eats like 4GB of read I/O every 10 minutes and even more sometimes. The DB size is 2.6GB. I think it desperately needs more memory.

Do you mind sharing your configuration so i would be able to set up bitcoin-abe to test? Did you start with the vanilla bitcoin-abe?

ghostlander

I've stripped down this VPS to free as much memory as possible and it seems to work now. Deep in swap through. It's based on a NVC modified ABE.

cazze

I've stripped down this VPS to free as much memory as possible and it seems to work now. Deep in swap through. It's based on a NVC modified ABE.

This one? https://github.com/CryptoManiac/bitcoin-abe

I receive the following error when starting it up:

MerkleRootMismatch: Block header Merkle root does not match its transactions. block hash=8b8169bbb1f3855ed941d8d508f15cfd4f3c8bbbf4cc5487406b4a536a88c8a1

EDIT: after commenting out the MerkelRoot check, it reads some blocks and then i have the following error:

error: unpack_from requires a buffer of at least 4 bytes