That is a very impressive feature set you have there, and to have it all up and running before even releasing it is totally unique. Very well done indeed! I will have to see how the market treats me over the next few weeks - if all goes well I will join the IPO for sure.

+ btw I'm overjoyed I made it into the screen cast (in twitter form) :D

I have a few questions I would like to ask about Neos:

1: You mentioned the wallet is written in php, is the wallet a cloud based application or can it be / is it actually always run locally?

2: The Arbitrush system sounds very interesting; if someone was to gain control of your server farm that executes the coin mixing (not sure if mixing is quite the right word) could they get hold of a log of all of the Arbitrush transactions ever conducted? Can you as the operators of the server farm look under the veil (if ordered to by law for example) and find out who sent money to who? (just trying to gauge the level and strength of anonymity provided)

3: Is Neos a totally distributed system or are there centralised elements of it? - if so can you give us an idea of what these are?

4: Is this an open source project?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick holes - just trying to get a handle on what sounds like a very impressive new virtual currency!

all the best

FR

That is a very impressive feature set you have there, and to have it all up and running before even releasing it is totally unique. Very well done indeed! I will have to see how the market treats me over the next few weeks - if all goes well I will join the IPO for sure.

+ btw I'm overjoyed I made it into the screen cast (in twitter form) :D

I have a few questions I would like to ask about Neos:

1: You mentioned the wallet is written in php, is the wallet a cloud based application or can it be / is it actually always run locally?

2: The Arbitrush system sounds very interesting; if someone was to gain control of your server farm that executes the coin mixing (not sure if mixing is quite the right word) could they get hold of a log of all of the Arbitrush transactions ever conducted? Can you as the operators of the server farm look under the veil (if ordered to by law for example) and find out who sent money to who? (just trying to gauge the level and strength of anonymity provided)

3: Is Neos a totally distributed system or are there centralised elements of it? - if so can you give us an idea of what these are?

4: Is this an open source project?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick holes - just trying to get a handle on what sounds like a very impressive new virtual currency!

all the best

FR

Hey FiniteRed,

Thanks a lot for the compliments and I'm glad you got your stardom through the screencast also =)  I'll address each question in order of appearance and hopefully it'll clear things up for you and anyone else that's curious.

1.  It's 100% local, never hosted.  As much as I wanted to do something different, putting people's funds at potential risk by designing a hosted wallet wasn't one of them. =)  On Linux and OSX it just runs the PHP binary which has a built-in server and on Windows it runs a compiled version (standalone .exe).  When you start the wallet interface, it listens on 127.0.0.1 on a non-standard port.

2.  The reason we have a farm is to randomize certain functionality and data handling.  Basically you would have to be able to pinpoint which server and when and then successfully exploit it.  While security was a key concern and development continued with it being top priority, I'm still having a pen tester do his best to verify our configuration and approach is as secure as possible.  As far as being ordered by law to show transfers, I'd have to verify that with an attorney.  This as I said is all for educational purposes and is all a grey area from what I've been told by some other associates' counsel.  I'd like our own to verify certain aspects of this though but I would imagine if the hosting were to be provided in a region not falling under such law, we would not be required to comply.  The IPO timeline isn't just for fund gathering, it's also for tasks such as having the pen tests done and certain other details ironed out.

3.  The only "centralized" element I guess you could say would be the Arbitrush servers.  Other than that, none.

4.  The coinbase is open-source, the wallet interface is not.  For many reasons the wallet interface isn't.  Some might frown on this, but it's just the interface, not the underlying coin itself and it was done with best interests in mind.

You are in no way being seen as trying to pick holes.  You've raised some very good questions and hopefully I was able to shed some light for you and any others wondering the same thing.

Regards,

syntaks

Looks  really interesting :)

Do you accept "External" pools ?

If yes, is there any special requrements ?

We could setup both X11 and SHA pools, if there is regular wallet source available.

Best Regards,

Hashlink.Eu Team

Hey Hashlink,

We do of course.  We only wanted to make sure we had at least 1 initial pool per algorithm available on launch.  The wallet source will be available on the date of launch, August 30, 2014.  There aren't any particular requirements we're just happy to have your support.  I would suggest though using pool software with an API that we could tap into for our community so your pool(s) had the same opportunity to display within the wallet as ours do.

Regards,

syntaks