hegan

Beginner

hegan

Hello all,
While I was reading articles on Coindesk I came across article “5 Global Problems Bitcoin’s Proof of Work Can Help Solve” where Gridcoin was mentioned and that is how I get interested into this crypto currency. I like the idea but as a beginner in crypto currency world and BOINC too, I have I lot of questions for you. I just recently started to learn about crypto currencies so please don’t mind if I ask some questions that might be stupid to you. :)

I understand that while I am mining Gridcoin currency I support BOINC projects but what I don’t understand is what is giving value to Gridcoin? Don’t get me wrong here but for me Gridcoins are equal to money. I can mine thousands of Gridcoins but if I can’t exchange Gridcoins or buy something with those coins what is the point? Why would someone exchange his/her money or Bitcoins or some other crypto currency for Gridcoins?

How many websites or shops accept Grincoin as a payment method? How can I implement Gridcoin to my website as a payment option for my customers? What is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to convert US Dollars or any other fiat currency to Gridcoins and vice versa?

Projects like “The Help Fight Childhood Cancer” are more than enough motivation for me to start mining and promoting Gridcoin. I think that every single computer on this planet should contribute to these projects. That brings me to another question and that is: manuals for beginners. I have spent few days researching Gridcoin website and forum and I found only one step by step manual with pictures explaining how to mine Gridcoins. Even that manual is not finished. My question is why there are no step by step manuals for people like myself who wants to help but don’t understand some processes and terminology you use here?

Ok, that is all for now. Tomorrow, I am buying one used PC and I will try to configure it to mine some Gridcoins. You can expect lot more questions tomorrow. :)

• Like 2

trader1

How many websites or shops accept Grincoin as a payment method? http://www.bidcoind.com/ supports grc right now, you can buy and sell stuff for grc on there.

How can I implement Gridcoin to my website as a payment option for my customers? just put your wallet address and instruct people to send there. like on my blog http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/ you can see in the upper right corner.

What is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to convert US Dollars or any other fiat currency to Gridcoins and vice versa? you can use exchanges like poloniex.com, c-cex.com, or any other bitcoin exchange to send cash to bitcoin to gridcoin.

Do you want to mine with your graphics card or with cpu? I recommend cpu as it is easier. Before you buy computer make sure you get nice multicore amd or intel cpu.

How did you find out about Gridcoin, if you don't mind me asking?

hegan

Hello Traderman,

I found about Gridcoin while I was reading articles on Coindesk. I was and still am interested in cryptocurrencies so I started on a daily basis to visit websites with news about this subject.

Back to topic. I bought used HP workstation xw6200 very cheap and I managed to install boinc and Gridcoin.msi. I plan to mine with my CPU for now. Latter I may buy some graphic card. While I was installing and configuring everything I recorded almost every step and these days I will upload manual I created for beginners so you can review it and edit. English is not my native language so I will appreciate your help in this matter.

I would like this topic to be for regular people who don’t know much about computers but have good heart and want to help other people by contributing in BOINC projects and mining of course. In short, this topic should be for complete beginners. It is not going to be easy task to connect Gridcoin, BOINC and regular people because of all this terminology and technical stuff but I am optimist. :)

First thing I would like to suggest is sorting and organizing Forum. For example I have problem with “Synchronizing with network…”. I was looking for solutions to this problem and I found some solutions but on several topics. Why not just open topic with common problems and solutions so that everyone can find solution to the problem much faster rather than losing time reading pages and pages of posts that are not relevant to problem someone has.

Another thing I want to talk about is connecting experienced miners with beginners in easier way then just by posting posts on forums. I am talking about direct chat between experienced miners and beginers or even experienced miner to connect to beginners computer through TeamViewer or some other way and solve beginner’s problem.

Now I think I have an answer to one of my questions. The more people we bring in the more valuable Gridcoin will be.

• Like 2

trader1

I know for non tech users installing Boinc alone would be difficult enough, never mind configuring the client. I think we will eventually have a config wizard that leads people through the setup process.

hegan

Hello all,

I promised that I am going to upload manual for beginners in Gridcoin mining. So, here it is. I called it “Gridcoin CPU mining guide”. It is created for Win7 users but I hope that it could be useful for all Windows users.

Give me your opinions, ideas, suggestions, critics….

http://www.filedropper.com/cpuminingguide

• Like 2

link125

Nice guide hegan!

GRDMINER

Hello all,

I promised that I am going to upload manual for beginners in Gridcoin mining. So, here it is. I called it “Gridcoin CPU mining guide”. It is created for Win7 users but I hope that it could be useful for all Windows users.

Give me your opinions, ideas, suggestions, critics….

http://www.filedropper.com/cpuminingguide

Thank you! Nice work

hegan

You are welcome. I am glad that you like it.