Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin)

New Coin Launch Announcement - GRC - GridCoin

dblanch256
7 hours ago, jringo said:

Below is an introduction to a proposal followed by the proposal itself. There will be a two week discussion period… by jringo

Really well done!  It's obvious how much thought you've put into this.  Hopefully establishing an polling issue ontology will also eliminate the annoying frivolous polls we've seen recently (e.g. "favorite animal", "favorite ice cream").  If necessary, maybe we could add a temporary "wrist slap" for "contempt of Gridcoin"?

• Like 1

dblanch256

I just saw a new poll appear, and I have NO IDEA what the entries correspond to.

Worse, generic "gridcoin link" provided points to an entire range of topics.  What gives?

Is it just me, or is this sloppy polling?

image.png.b31e76f9d9444e01184f0b0c3d23c1fc.png

dc7d
vor einer Stunde schrieb dblanch256:

I just saw a new poll appear, and I have NO IDEA what the entries correspond to.

Worse, generic "gridcoin link" provided points to an entire range of topics.  What gives?

Is it just me, or is this sloppy polling?

image.png.b31e76f9d9444e01184f0b0c3d23c1fc.png

That's a poll with pretty bad quality. I will definitely not vote on that.

• Like 1

dc7d
vor 18 Stunden schrieb jringo:

Below is an introduction to a proposal followed by the proposal itself. There will be a two week discussion period… by jringo

Thank you for writing this down, very good proposal!

I have two suggestions:

- I think 6 weeks poll time (poll type 2 - 5) is a bit long, wouldn't 3 or 4 weeks be enough?

- Every poll should also contain a "Reject proposal" vote option.

• Like 2

jringo

@dc7d Thanks for the input! Keep an eye out for a response in an update post later in the week. Also, for future reference, I really don't check this thread that often so if you want to make sure I see your feedback post on reddit, steemit, or in discord/slack. Meanwhile: Final update for GUI poll!

Proposal Thread Github Thread Update Reminder! Though it might seem like this proposal has already passed… by jringo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

geneveis

Didn't notice there was a poll, is there any other way i can vote or participate?

fkinglag

(YouTube) Livestream 03/09/2019 [1:56:37]

Gridcoin Community Hangout #100:

Invidious, mirror: https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=Ue4H1pg7kG8

BitChute, mirror & permalink: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Ue4H1pg7kG8/

Next Gridcoin Community Hangout #101 is scheduled for 1900 UTC on 3/16/2019 and will be hosted in mumble at this IP address: 207.148.10.181

• Like 1

dreibo

For 2 days I can not reach the Gridcoin homepage.
Is it going to others too?
Can someone possibly inform about maintenance?

dejhan

Hey guys.I cant access gridcoin.us. Does someone knows something about this?

ShmoogleOsukami

The website being down is a known issue, The person in-charge has put in a ticket with the host to get it rebooted/fixed, We're looking a the possibility of hosting the website on Github Pages at the moment as well.

• Like 1

dblanch256

GRIDCOIN VALUE SURGES

Anyone have a theory about why GRC value is up so much over just the past two days?  Did something radical happen, or is it more likely pure speculation?

From www.coingecko.com:

image.png.7dcd5b2bb45ef454ef397a711b9c7f78.png

barton26

• Winner 2

UnitedNetworkers

Hello my dear Gridcoin-friends.

First of all, I would like to thank a lot all those involved in the ongoing outstanding development of the wallet and environment.

I noticed on the GRCpool(.com) today that some companies started to distribute tokens for 'computing for good', that can be converted on Bittrex (via BTC) over to GRC.

That is incredible news!! I hope more will follow this example. Of course I would prefer they buy some GRC and rain it over to the members who crunch the desired project... it would make thing easier, but hell, man, that is great news anyway!!

Now I can get my typical gridcoins based on my RAC  *and*  I can get some extra tokens as well for absolutely exactly the same amount of work done by my computers! That is hugely great news! We need more donors to join in! This is the way humanity needs to go.

Thanks a lot for checking by and reading my message 😉

• Like 1