1 hour ago, Quez said:

Moo Wrapper has been delisted from the whitelist.

Well, that's lovely. What's next, World Community Grid? I guess all Math based projects are fair game now?

GRC Address SL6cUtyvrRwTRiWcp1YWXHAzntBaBHKNCT

On 2/10/2018 at 12:03 PM, Earl said:

Well, that's lovely. What's next, World Community Grid? I guess all Math based projects are fair game now?

Please familiarize yourself with the project and the reasons before getting enraged. There's nothing mathematical about Moo, btw.

We discuss Gridcoin wallet snapshot usage in Gridcoin Classroom #008 among other information related to the ledger and blockchain.

1 hour ago, TJ81 said:

Hey guys, 

I deleted a project and now it appears in grcpool as orphan. Can I undo this by reattaching it?

Yes, as long as your client still has the same ids, you can reattach and get it out of orphan.

24 minutes ago, BGB said:

Yes, as long as your client still has the same ids, you can reattach and get it out of orphan.

thanks

WHat happened? We had such a nice net weight and diff yesterday, and now everything is down again :(

Gridcoin is cool! It helps Humanity, too!

Warning: politically interested person. 

Well , the problem is not fixed 100% , until it is fixed this will probably happen, we have to wait and see the results , wish there was a clearer communication though on when that is bound to happen but i am sure it will get sorted out in the end.

On 2/21/2018 at 4:38 AM, MikeK said:

do we have an eta on the fix?

There have been about 90 fixes in the last week.

Forking is triggered by a whole lot of issues that were hidden in v8 blocks.

Lots of work is happening right now, but there's not a stable checkpoint yet.

More people have joined in slack to try to help with some of the coding.

First, let me introduce myself. I am Barton26, the newly appointed "Gridcoin Testing Coordinator". My job on the dev team is to oversee testing of new releases and monitor situations like the one we are currently in.

Recently users have raised many valid questions about the current state of development and when the exchanges will be reopened. I am writing this quick update for those who have not been following the latest information on Slack or GitHub.

Here is a list of "breaking issues" that were identified in the original forking period that lead to the closing of the exchanges:

1. Crashes due to tally

2. Forking due to PoR checks

3. RPC slowdowns

4. Unable to get past 1163544

5. Inability to sync from 0 without getting stuck

Here are the most recent updates from the development team regarding these issues:

1. Fixed in hotfix.

2. Believed to be either entirely or mostly fixed. Still being actively tested.

3. Fixed in hotfix.

4. Fixed in hotfix.

5. Under active testing.

As you can see, we have made significant progress towards a production-ready release version. Our current testing priorities are Proof of Research Check forking (believed to be fixed, but we want to be sure) and syncing from 0 without getting stuck. Syncing from 0 is slow to test due to the length of time it takes to sync over 1.1 million blocks on production and nearly 500k blocks on testnet.

Please bear with us as we finish testing and hopefully verifying that this hotfix is ready to be released. We will make the announcement to open exchanges when we feel that the hotfix is stable and ready to be deployed to production.

Thank you for your patience in this difficult time. I apologize for the lack of communication and I will personally strive to communicate on other platforms to keep as many of our users up to date as possible. Please know that the development team is working as hard as they can to get this hotfix released as soon as possible. If you have any questions feel free to comment below.

-Barton26 (Gridcoin Testing Coordinator)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Winner 2

Gridcoin, GRC is an open source network protocol that makes use of the blockchain technology. It functions as a form of electronic money and seeks to distinguish itself from bitcoin by adopting an environment friendly approach to secure the network and distribute new coins. Furthermore, while Bitcoin secures its network through proof of work scheme, GRC uses an energy efficient proof of stake system.