@nathanielcwm , 

Thank you for playing the "home version" of our game.  We with you continued good luck with Gridcoin.

Sending a token of our appreciation to S7KSx1HFNuHZmetCN1F3sJ8bgapMYeESAm.

-- The Shepherds

VOTING MULTIPLE TIMES FOR THE SAME POLL APPARENTLY SUPPORTED BY WALLET -- BUG or FEATURE?

Please forgive the elementary question, but each time I vote I confront the same issue--I don't see any indication of polls for which I've already voted.

When I initially vote on an poll, I get a (green) confirmation reply and a few GRC are deducted from my wallet.  If I vote again on the same

poll, a few more GRC are deducted from my wallet. Yet on the "active polls" pane itself, I see no indication that I have voted at all.

I assume that multiple votes by a user for the same poll are not allowed, and therefore only the first vote affects the total.  If so, it would be

helpful to have my wallet reflect that status somehow.  [Maybe it does, and I'm just not seeing it?]

Please clarify this if you can.  I'd very much appreciate it!

-- Dave

Edited by dblanch256

Your last vote is the one that is counting. You can always change your mind when new info arrives, that is the meaning of this feature.

But a "you have voted X" would be nice.  

Gridcoin is cool! It helps Humanity, too!

Warning: politically interested person. 

Shout out to Gridcoin devs and community members for wallet v4.0.0.0, this release is a big one. Almost right in time for the 4th anniversary of Gridcoin Research.

(YouTube) Livestream 10/13/2018 [2:09:11]

Gridcoin Community Hangout #079: 

Invidious alternative/permalink: 

BitChute alternative/permalink: 

Gridcoin Community Hangout #079 - Vote in the new polls!

Gridcoin Community Hangout #080 will be on Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 7PM UTC and is hosted in mumble: https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
The mumble VOIP server: 207.148.10.181

POOL DONATION HONOR ROLL FOR OCT 2018

The following members are all donating between 1% and 10% of their daily earnings to the GRC Pool:

image.png.93e631415242fe044a79c030329dde5f.png

NOTES

Congratulation and thanks to all of those named above! 

Some names may be missing due to missing the limited 24 hour window over which data was captured.

If your name belongs in this list but is not present, please message me and I'll be happy to add a test for it.

Hello, has anybody else's wallet gotten stuck?  I'm on the latest version and started processing the new CBR blocks yesterday.  About six hours ago the wallet froze.  I've rebooted several times and restarted the wallet, but it is still stuck.  Been running fine for several months prior to today.

Debug log shows:

11/09/18 01:44:30 ComputeResearchAccrual: INVESTOR Invalid Beacon, Using 0.01 age bootstrap
11/09/18 01:44:30 ComputeResearchAccrual: INVESTOR Invalid Beacon, Using 0.01 age bootstrap

11/09/18 01:45:42 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : duplicate proof-of-stake (COutPoint(e30d63346f, 1), 1541727824) for block c4d9363c1d5f36fc5b7e95fe2d2ca98bb2539db99e3367156785ee2035d6cbb0

Beaconstatus shows:  (I advertised it in September.)

"Beacon Exists": "Yes",
"Block Signing Test Results": true,
"Configuration Status": "SUCCESSFUL"

EDIT: After restarting wallet two more times, it is now working.

Edited by Mr. Wood
Updating issue.

Please forgive my ignorance, but could somebody please tell me who (or what) this is?

User: CharityEngine1

This page shows research Gridcoin DPoR Reward, PoS Interest and Transactions History with Boinc CPID 14c2130aabb4176a0d3351cd136bbaa4 

Here you can view some estimated numbers on reward, etc.
Below is a Transaction History related to the connected Addresses.

User Details

Beacon Status: 

advertised about 9 hours ago @ 1425358

Neural Network Share: 

15.04%

Estimated Minted/Day: 

4,756.02 GRC

Time Since Last Reward: 

3 minutes, 48 seconds ago

Estimated Research Owed: 

12.55 GRC

8 minutes ago, dblanch256 said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but could somebody please tell me who (or what) this is?

User: CharityEngine1

This page shows research Gridcoin DPoR Reward, PoS Interest and Transactions History with Boinc CPID 14c2130aabb4176a0d3351cd136bbaa4 

Here you can view some estimated numbers on reward, etc.
Below is a Transaction History related to the connected Addresses.

User Details

Beacon Status: 

advertised about 9 hours ago @ 1425358

Neural Network Share: 

15.04%

Estimated Minted/Day: 

4,756.02 GRC

Time Since Last Reward: 

3 minutes, 48 seconds ago

Estimated Research Owed: 

12.55 GRC

https://www.charityengine.com/

THE IMPACT OF TRADING VERSUS HOARDING

In a recent poll, the vast majority of respondents said "I don't sell my GRC".  Yet it would appear that at least some people do--in significant quantities (15k at a time):

image.png.ae4d82097267ff1719337a34a834784f.png

Someone else claimed recently that "brisk trading is essential to any coin's success".

I wouldn't expect GRC to be immune from pure speculation, but I'm wondering which activity (hoard or trade) contributes more to the coin's ultimate success?  Moreover, is this even a well-framed comparison?  Perhaps I'm just imagining a conflict were none exists ...

Edited by dblanch256

(YouTube) Livestream 11/10/2018 [3:19:32]

Gridcoin Community Hangout #083: 

YouTube Alternatives:
Invidious, mirror: https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=wcxqfIRY2lg

BitChute, permalink: I will edit this later with that because the upload is not working.

Gridcoin Community Hangout #084 will be on Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 7PM UTC and is hosted in mumble: https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
The mumble VOIP server: 207.148.10.181

On 11/13/2018 at 1:36 PM, dblanch256 said:

THE IMPACT OF TRADING VERSUS HOARDING

In a recent poll, the vast majority of respondents said "I don't sell my GRC".  Yet it would appear that at least some people do--in significant quantities (15k at a time):

image.png.ae4d82097267ff1719337a34a834784f.png

Someone else claimed recently that "brisk trading is essential to any coin's success".

I wouldn't expect GRC to be immune from pure speculation, but I'm wondering which activity (hoard or trade) contributes more to the coin's ultimate success?  Moreover, is this even a well-framed comparison?  Perhaps I'm just imagining a conflict were none exists ...

A coin's value increases as it is used/traded.
If it is not used intrinsically, it is valueless. So have to buy and sell it for any hoarder to have value.

if we all keep them locked away in a vault, they would become "badges" like the original [email protected] and [email protected] A badge is a nice, warm feeling and nothing more.

Hoarders are thinking they can one day cash out on millions in actual $dollars. This is making it useless.

If they cash it out, say once a quarter to cover electric cost, it would continue a climb in value.

From your logic the price woudd rise if I put 10 million GRC on the market even if not a single one of those is bought.  

Gridcoin is cool! It helps Humanity, too!

Warning: politically interested person.