NEWS
  • WELCOME TO CRYPTOCURRENCYTALK!
  • We've upgraded the website with a lot of new features!
  • 3 NEW THEMES! Click on the + Themes button above!
  • Notice about SOCIAL LINKS: UPDATE YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
  • New video section, add your videos: VIDEO SECTION
  • Advertising will be available shortly, hold tight.
  • If you have any issues with the new site, please submit a support ticket: SUPPORT

Hi.

After receiving some GRC mined, and confirmed, my wallet does not synchronize. Then I must restart the wallet and the mined GRCs have disappeared.

This is the last transaction where this happened to me.

"

Estado: confirmaciones 125
Fecha: 11/11/2017 05:26
Fuente: Generated, PoS
Credito: 17.72740124 GRC
Cantidad neta: +17.72740124 GRC
Identificador de transacción (ID): 4161e366bbb241b633dfef78d0969f4ee8f50b88d30f2a10068e401016881931

{
"BoincReward" : 12.89000000,
"Difficulty" : 0.10426693,
"Interest" : 4.83911474,
"Magnitude" : 6.00000000,
"blockhash" : "5a7ff6b2c47de1b3a3f90c9587ebf223aab2533ce06ff275fbd00f0d1a304486",
"cpid" : "3b506ca17b3c9fba239d8059ca4846cf",
"height" : 1076716,
"version" : 8
}

Gridcoin generada monedas deben madurar 110 bloques antes de que se pueden gastar. Cuando se genera este bloque, se transmitió a la red para ser añadido a la cadena de bloque. Si no consigue entrar en la cadena, su estado cambia a "no aceptado" y no es gastar. Ocasionalmente esto puede ocurrir si otro nodo genera un bloque en unos segundos del tuyo.

Información

Enviado: -723.48641814 GRC
Credito: 741.21381938 GRC

Transacción:
Coinstake(hash=4161e366bb, nTime=1510374368, ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=2, nLockTime=0)
CTxIn(COutPoint(6c3ce9a369, 1), scriptSig=3044022044da98de79cb77d3)
CTxOut(empty)
CTxOut(nValue=741.21381938, scriptPubKey=0216cb68b02f0636db39877ca73e690b12f508db46f96e665671561c44704809fb OP_CHECKSIG)

Notes:

entradas:
S2mqBMMYGqwFbE342jg6s4wr1bfQMPiJdm S2mqBMMYGqwFbE342jg6s4wr1bfQMPiJdm Cantidad=723.48641814 GRC IsMine=verdadero"

Any help please?

5 minutes ago, ximocoves said:

After receiving some GRC mined, and confirmed, my wallet does not synchronize. Then I must restart the wallet and the mined GRCs have disappeared.

You were on a fork. Due to fewer users on the forked chain it is much easier to stake a block and you did so - receiving your reward. When the wallet discovers a longer chain it is required to follow it instead of the invalid one the wallet was on. So your wallet went back (undoing your staked block) to the point where it forked from the real chain, and downloaded all the blocks from the longest chain. In this longest chain you never staked a block and so your reward is no longer in your wallet. It should still pending though! You have not lost anything :-)

I hope you stake soon and get your GRC again!

1 minute ago, GeeBell said:

You were on a fork. Due to fewer users on the forked chain it is much easier to stake a block and you did so - receiving your reward. When the wallet discovers a longer chain it is required to follow it instead of the invalid one the wallet was on. So your wallet went back (undoing your staked block) to the point where it forked from the real chain, and downloaded all the blocks from the longest chain. In this longest chain you never staked a block and so your reward is no longer in your wallet. It should still pending though! You have not lost anything :-)

I hope you stake soon and get your GRC again!

Must I do something so that it does not happen to me again?

3 minutes ago, ximocoves said:

Must I do something so that it does not happen to me again?

No. Forks are something that comes with blockchain technology. By keeping your wallet running you, along with hundreds of others, are helping secure the network which means it will happen less (at the moment, the more coins staking the smaller the chance of this happening). The developers of Gridcoin are also actively looking into ways to reduce the number of times this happens.

All,

From a high level I've been testing cryptocurrency technologies in my lab over the last few months, on an information gathering campaign, and creating some internal mockups and doing budget expirimentation and looking for a way to break through the scalability barriers we have experienced in the Gridcoin client.

Finally, I have come to a better understanding of what I believe will actually work in production- and I did not want to finish writing a proposal until that testing was completed and it is now complete.

I would like to post a high level proposal to rebase Gridcoin for the future.  The intent here is to hold a public vote to see how much acceptance we have with this idea.

Specifically, what percent of the community backs This idea VS. going with other piecemeal solutions (those include fixing the current codebase, implementing Tomas Brod's proposals, and in general merging all of bitcoins security commits into the current existing codebase and then maintaining it).

So please, read this, and then look for a Poll that I create that will seek to understand the backing level of :  Either going with this particular Rebase, or going with Piecemeal fixes+Brods proposals. 

I have had discussions with Denravonska (our lead dev) (I consider myself CTO for now, and him the lead dev), and iFoggz, CM, and Quez regarding this idea.  I checked the viability of this proposal from an IT standpoint and did the due dilligence in the background.  I have enough IT support from our back-end team committed that I know we can actually execute this plan if the community wants it.  The breakdown is:  Rob Halford (me) will push the core, Denravonska (Marco) will push the TCD system, and iFoggz will push the CPID associator system.  We think we can do this in 1 quarter.  So therefore time is of the essence for us to decide what path we are going.  If everyone is on board, this could be the future of Gridcoin delivered by March 2018!

Please see the PDF here:

http://gridcoin.us/gridcoinnew/dev/GridcoinIII_NonTechnical_Proposal.pdf

EDIT:

Please Vote Here:

Warm Regards,

Rob

Thank you Rob for stepping up to the plate ..

I would (and the whole community will back me on this I am sure ) really like you to join us in the next or at least subsequent Gridcoin Hangout to join our discussion on this proposal of yours.

I do understand that ultimately the devs influence and make the decisions regarding the codebase and chain we will end up on in the future.

I am a pragmatist in that regard but feel that community discussion is essential and extremely important in this regard.

No one in the community, whether  a pure researcher, researcher investor or investor, likes to feel that the future may be imposed on them by 'mysterious' entities without some form of communication other than a 'dry' forum post or proposal pdf.

You are the 'mainstay' and 'talisman' of Gridcoin, as a project founder and as such the community looks at you for guidance ..

I'm all for privacy, heaven knows we all value our privacy, but maybe it's time to grab the initiative here and make a public community orientated gesture and join our discussion in a medium other than text!!

Thanks and we look forward to hearing your voice, even if it's disguised by a 'Darth Vader' type voice changer app ..

I disagree that mumble or any form of audio or video recording should be a baseline and mandatory for any proposal.

Not because of privacy issues, but because of simple productivity. We need something permanent as investors and many many reseachers and people that are interested in the project do not have the time to listen to it. It is a cool channel for brainstorming, but not as a base of persistent descisions. Transcribing it is good, but you will never be able to condense all important things without biasing it. And if you do not condense it, it is simply too much text to go though so you lose time again. I think Geebell does a good job as far as I hear, but we can not trust anyone to speak for someone else.

I myself sadly do not find the time to join the mumble sessions so I know what I am talking about as I experience it from a researchers side as well as from investors side.

Kind Regards, Quez

3 minutes ago, Mercosity said:

Thank you Rob for stepping up to the plate ..

I would (and the whole community will back me on this I am sure ) really like you to join us in the next or at least subsequent Gridcoin Hangout to join our discussion on this proposal of yours.

I do understand that ultimately the devs influence and make the decisions regarding the codebase and chain we will end up on in the future.

I am a pragmatist in that regard but feel that community discussion is essential and extremely important in this regard.

No one in the community, whether  a pure researcher, researcher investor or investor, likes to feel that the future may be imposed on them by 'mysterious' entities without some form of communication other than a 'dry' forum post or proposal pdf.

You are the 'mainstay' and 'talisman' of Gridcoin, as a project founder and as such the community looks at you for guidance ..

I'm all for privacy, heaven knows we all value our privacy, but maybe it's time to grab the initiative here and make a public community orientated gesture and join our discussion in a medium other than text!!

Thanks and we look forward to hearing your voice, even if it's disguised by a 'Darth Vader' type voice changer app ..

"I disagree that mumble or any form of audio or video recording should be a baseline and mandatory for any proposal." - QUEZ

I am not saying that it should be a baseline and mandatory for any proposal ..

I am saying that it is an important record and influencer for a proposal of this magnitude.

"Not because of privacy issues, but because of simple productivity. We need something permanent as investors and many many reseachers and people that are interested in the project do not have the time to listen to it. It is a cool channel for brainstorming, but not as a base of persistent descisions." [sic] - QUEZ

Audio, when disseminated on our various hangout podcast sites, is as permanent as text on a forum or a pdf ..

Verbal communication is far more productive than text as the 'inflection', 'tone' and 'modulation' of a persons voice lends 'weight', 'conviction' and 'intent' that is not available in dry text ..

Say Rob Halford decides to join the Gridcoin Hangout on Mumble .. You wouldn't go out of your way to be there live or listen to the podcast later when its realeased?

I would agree that the 'channel' is great for 'brainstorming' ..

It is also a great 'sounding board' for opinions and allows the community the benefit of hearing the voiced opinions of their peers with all the nuances of 'tone' and 'modulation' ..

The Gridcoin Hangout is not a decision making platform. Any decisions made by the Gridcoin Community are made by a poll/voting through the client.