18,837 posts in this topic

NOTICE to PPA users:

On April 1st the gridcoin-daily PPA will no longer host production builds of gridcoinresearchd and gridcoinresearch-qt, but rather development builds.

Please migrate your main wallet to use the gridcoin-stable PPA instead, unless you want to live on the edge with all your coin.  :D

A daily PPA is by definition meant for daily builds of whatever is in the development branch, in whatever condition that happens to be in. Now that we have an active development branch, that is what gridcoin-daily will be used for as of April 1.

As of April 1, testnet and beta users are encouraged to run wallets from gridcoin-daily for debug purposes.

Gridcoin-Stable PPA:

https://code.launchpad.net/~gridcoin/+archive/ubuntu/gridcoin-stable

C.M, Quez and A L I E N like this

NOTICE to PPA users:

On April 1st the gridcoin-daily PPA will no longer host production builds of gridcoinresearchd and gridcoinresearch-qt, but rather development builds.

Please migrate your main wallet to use the gridcoin-stable PPA instead, unless you want to live on the edge with all your coin.  :D

A daily PPA is by definition meant for daily builds of whatever is in the development branch, in whatever condition that happens to be in. Now that we have an active development branch, that is what gridcoin-daily will be used for as of April 1.

As of April 1, testnet and beta users are encouraged to run wallets from gridcoin-daily for debug purposes.

Gridcoin-Stable PPA:

https://code.launchpad.net/~gridcoin/+archive/ubuntu/gridcoin-stable

How can I test on Windows?

Mercosity likes this

RE Talk about blockchain in the energy market of the future.

I have put together some slides. Please comment, add (especially more sophisticated graphics if you have or even create some) and correct me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wu0qtdru4j9bb1v/AAAFT_s1VLia5m6kQyK3xamwa?dl=0

I used this open font: http://www.fontspace.com/luke-owens/oregon-ldo

Kind Regards, Quez

Please respond to
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/52937-strommarkttreffen-april-7/

dc7d, Vortac and A L I E N like this

"We now have a lot of new functionality and fixes in the development branch but very little has been done in terms of large scale testing. It could be a good idea to define some sort of process."

Please share your thoughts:

@GridcoinIRC (freshest news about Gridcoin) / help with Gridcoin tasks / join team challenges / listen to our conference calls / BOINC admin interviews / ...

Bring your Gridcoin experience on another level with these bot functions

Posted (edited)

There is a new 70k GRC bounty!

• customminer: 50k GRC
  • lennstar: 20k GRC

customminer has just offered a 50k GRC bounty for:

"I pledge 50k GRC to anyone that can implement a DPOR/NN solution which is capable of supporting the entire BOINC network (250k to 4 million users) in a decentralized/distributed manner.

We could potentially bring foundation funds into the mix if this proves to be a significant amount of work?"

lennstar offered 20k GRC:

"If supporting means in the normal client and without overloading a normal user or project, then I put in 20K too."

and thus we have now:

See also the bounty category (which also has upcoming, perhaps possible bounties):

Edited by erkan
A L I E N, Quez, Vortac and 2 others like this

@GridcoinIRC (freshest news about Gridcoin) / help with Gridcoin tasks / join team challenges / listen to our conference calls / BOINC admin interviews / ...

"I pledge 50k GRC to anyone that can implement a DPOR/NN solution which is capable of supporting the entire BOINC network (250k to 4 million users) in a decentralized/distributed manner.

I think we should have a Foundation expense (and vote) for this. Would give more weight to it and become a final stance on the matter. After all, if this is implemented, it will affect the whole network (ultimately positively, I hope).

However, if we go the bounty way, then I pledge another 30k GRC.

Mercosity and A L I E N like this

Posted (edited)

Hi,

today I found my wallet has problems with (re)sending beacon. My mag dropped to zero. The last beacon was sent at 2016/09/18, so I am exactly 6 months past the last beacon. The wallet is not locked, so it's not the problem. Some output:

execute advertisebeacon force

[
{
"Command" : "advertisebeacon"
},
{
"Result" : "FAIL",
"CPID" : "9********0",
"Message" : "",
"Errors" : "ALREADY_IN_CHAIN",
"FAILURE" : "Note: if your wallet is locked this command will fail; to solve that unlock the wallet: 'walletpassphrase <yourpassword> <240>'."
}
]
[
{
"Command" : "beaconstatus"
},
{
"CPID" : "9****************0",
"Beacon Exists" : "Yes",
"Beacon Timestamp" : "09-18-2016 21:52:43",
"Public Key" : "********************",
"Private Key" : "************************",
"Local Configuration Public Key" : "*******************",
"Magnitude (As of last superblock)" : 0.00000000,
"Warning" : "Your magnitude is 0 as of the last superblock: this may keep you from staking POR blocks.",
"Block Signing Test Results" : true,
"Configuration Status" : "SUCCESSFUL"
}
]

I found no related message in debug.log.

What can be the cause?

PS. I think it may be a more common problem: if I calculate corectly, we have less than 100 active miners in the network at the moment ("Network Average Magnitude" : 1594.45910290).

EDIT:

If it helps: the wallet is 3.5.8.6-g built on linux from git.

It doesn't seem I'm on a fork - my last block hash matches that found by the Gridcoin Block Explorer.

Bart

Edited by bzaborow
Vortac likes this

I pledge 100K if you guys think the bounty approach will be fruitful.  I don't think it would be an issue for the foundation to cover any remaining amount after community donations for a total 1 mil GRC bounty.  It would be a large project and the reward should reflect the caliber of work we would be expecting.  There could maybe be an additional reward for providing 6 months of support or something to ensure it transitions smoothly.

Mercosity and Vortac like this

Judging by gridcoinstats.eu something is definitely wrong:

My Mag: Total Mag:5848.05

Rosetta has someone with 6 figure Mag.

Gridcoin is cool! It helps Humanity, too!

Warning: politically interested person. 

thanks for adding the 100k GRC to make the bounty now a total of 200k GRC

I pledge 100K if you guys think the bounty approach will be fruitful.  I don't think it would be an issue for the foundation to cover any remaining amount after community donations for a total 1 mil GRC bounty.  It would be a large project and the reward should reflect the caliber of work we would be expecting.  There could maybe be an additional reward for providing 6 months of support or something to ensure it transitions smoothly.

A L I E N likes this

Hi,

today I found my wallet has problems with (re)sending beacon. My mag dropped to zero. The last beacon was sent at 2016/09/18, so I am exactly 6 months past the last beacon. The wallet is not locked, so it's not the problem. Some output:

[
{
},
{
"FAILURE" : "Note: if your wallet is locked this command will fail; to solve that unlock the wallet: 'walletpassphrase <yourpassword> <240>'."
}
]
[
{
},
{
"Warning" : "Your magnitude is 0 as of the last superblock: this may keep you from staking POR blocks.",
}
]

What can be the cause?

PS. I think it may be a more common problem: if I calculate corectly, we have less than 100 active miners in the network at the moment ("Network Average Magnitude" : 1594.45910290).

EDIT:

It doesn't seem I'm on a fork - my last block hash matches that found by the Gridcoin Block Explorer.

Bart

I've having the same problem, mag zero and cannot send a new beacon.

Hi,

[
{
},
{
}
]
[
{
},
{
}
]

What can be the cause?

EDIT:

Bart

I've the same problem, mag zero and cannot send a new beacon.

A new whitelist poll is available:

• Should we remove ATLAS@home from the whitelist due to no available work units? (April 4)

Further info here:

Mercosity likes this