18,957 posts in this topic

I think your Plattform string isnt right. Looking for like this and write it in the cc_config from Boinc

This is example

<options>

<alt_platform>arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>

</options>

Hey y'all,

Tried to no avail to setup a Google Cloud Computing VM BOINC instance... I can get the project added and my account registered correctly, 

but new WU's won't download.

t0hu8w.png

I tried to hop onto the IRC channel to ask if anyone knows what's happening but kept timing out. :(

erm... coz SZTAKI don't have any available work unit? see  http://szdg.lpds.sztaki.hu/szdg/server_status.php

Gridcoin - Paving the Way Towards a Better Tomorrow

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS

Wiki Status: Declined yet again.  

"This submission appears to read more like an advertisement than an entry in an encyclopedia. Encyclopedia articles need to be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources, not just to materials produced by the creator of the subject being discussed. This is important so that the article can meet Wikipedia's verifiability policy and the notability of the subject can be established. If you still feel that this subject is worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia, please rewrite your submission to comply with these policies."

The about statement is the same statement I received before which is overly general and not that helpful.  I contacted the reviewer for more specific comments.  I removed much of what I thought was the subjective language in the original article, and removed links to Gridcoin itself, and added many more third-party citations.  There's like 33 total citations now in the article.  Gotta wait and see what the reviewer says now.

Andy

"This submission appears to read more like an advertisement than an entry in an encyclopedia. Encyclopedia articles need to be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources, not just to materials produced by the creator of the subject being discussed. This is important so that the article can meet Wikipedia's verifiability policy and the notability of the subject can be established. If you still feel that this subject is worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia, please rewrite your submission to comply with these policies."

The about statement is the same statement I received before which is overly general and not that helpful. I contacted the reviewer for more specific comments. I removed much of what I thought was the subjective language in the original article, and removed links to Gridcoin itself, and added many more third-party citations. There's like 33 total citations now in the article. Gotta wait and see what the reviewer says now.

Andy

Can you post the content so we can help you?

I created a thread specific to this topic a few days ago: https://cryptocointalk.com/index.php?/topic/42423-Wikipedia.org-Article-Development

Edited by RTMoney

AD are LIVE on BAM! LOL.. It's plastered top bottom, and right!

I just saw my first GRC ad (right side), despite having Adblock Plus enabled and the standard "So you are blocking our ads" nag at the top of the page.

Powerful juju! Gulp - I hope it doesn't annoy non-GRC-fan Adblock users.

That ad needs to be corrected. We do not have 38 projects whitelisted we have 36.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TyphooN likes this

"This submission appears to read more like an advertisement than an entry in an encyclopedia. Encyclopedia articles need to be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources, not just to materials produced by the creator of the subject being discussed. This is important so that the article can meet Wikipedia's verifiability policy and the notability of the subject can be established. If you still feel that this subject is worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia, please rewrite your submission to comply with these policies."

The about statement is the same statement I received before which is overly general and not that helpful. I contacted the reviewer for more specific comments. I removed much of what I thought was the subjective language in the original article, and removed links to Gridcoin itself, and added many more third-party citations. There's like 33 total citations now in the article. Gotta wait and see what the reviewer says now.

Andy

Can you post the content so we can help you?

I created a thread specific to this topic a few days ago: https://cryptocointalk.com/index.php?/topic/42423-Wikipedia.org-Article-Development

Thanks RT, I just went to your new topic that I hadn't noticed and put the link to the Wiki there and added comments.

RTMoney likes this

That ad needs to be corrected. We do not have 38 projects whitelisted we have 36.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We'll make it 38 then.. LOL.

RT, can you set up a poll to whitelist RNA World (they're also yoyo@home), they don't have WU now but they're firing up and they showcase Gridcoin at their exhibit. We should support them.

http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/forum_thread.php?id=122&utm_source=RNA+World&utm_medium=twitter

The photos they posted clearly showing GRC wallet running :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpitgc8llqoowny/AAA8wO2W6rkabWB_qbTd1c2da?dl=0

Edit: dasTholo says no WU from RNA world yet and probably not so soon.. so.. no poll.

Edited by sEpuLchEr
Vortac likes this

GRC: SJgRQKZp19AG49bPwmoJyWQCHpd6CfTzKg || BTC: 13pTr3qXWDvycRLBPgt3bJzJst4ju46CGS

That's the Boincstats adverts live! We've already begun to receive a lot of traffic from them!

byaPo12.png

Edited by Double-oh-derp

Hello all.

CPID Magnitude Details window doesn't seem to correspond when maximize is done. A black area is created and you still need to use the scroll bar to see the rest of the data. Bug?

Regards

Hello all.

CPID Magnitude Details window doesn't seem to correspond when maximize is done. A black area is created and you still need to use the scroll bar to see the rest of the data. Bug?

Regards

The numbers above (in the data grid) are mathematically 'snapped to a grid' to allow the NN to agree on the RAC per row.  If they are off more than 1% as compared to the XML body, then yes, something would be wrong; but they should not differ by much.

Edit: You may have to do the 'execute syncdpor2' before looking at the NN.  Im working on improvements to make this unified.

Anyone trying to attach Gridcoin Finance to a windows 32 bit machine:

I just deployed an app version for 32 bit instances and tested it successfully from my VM. 

So now, finance should be good for windows.

The logs look clean.  It looks like we can vote on whitelisting it now.

Rob

Edit: Poll Added

sEpuLchEr likes this

NNNnnooooooo! I don't have enough window boxes....

LOl!

Waiting for poll to appear :)

I just deployed an app version for 32 bit instances and tested it successfully from my VM.

The logs look clean. It looks like we can vote on whitelisting it now.

Rob

You better write a good explanation why finance should be whitelisted.

It is not science in the term used normally for BOINC.

It would lower GRC output for this "real" science.

Also it is from you - so you could siphon GRC to you via it.

So why should it be whitelisted with this?

Edited by LennStar

Gridcoin is cool! It helps Humanity, too!

Warning: politically interested person. 

The logs look clean.  It looks like we can vote on whitelisting it now.

Rob

It's finally working, just tried again in Win7 x86 and it downloaded several work units for the first time ever

EDIT: I love the (non-CPU-intensive) approach. Thank you Rob!

Edited by TheLostBoy