MinerOne

Hi, SMOKEASY! Thanks for your work.

I just have one question.

Would you like to return the old bitcoin scrypt logo? It was more attractive in my opinion.

Edited by MinerOne (see edit history)
  • Like 1

BibitBot

The main and best way to save and increase your coins is to choose the area of arbitration between exchanges. You will definitely get lucky ,so that you do not spend your money and time on unnecessary investments in ICO and generosity, etc.

Edited by BibitBot
mistakes (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Smokeasy
On 9/16/2018 at 1:07 PM, MinerOne said:

Hi, SMOKEASY! Thanks for your work.

I just have one question.

Would you like to return the old bitcoin scrypt logo? It was more attractive in my opinion.

The community helped pick the new logo so I will not be changing the logo.

• Like 1

Smokeasy

Community,

Today we are announcing the official release of the Hybrid Proof-of-Stake/Proof-of-Work Bitcoin-sCrypt client v.2.0.1.

Starting after block 640,000, Proof-of-Stake will be enabled on the Bitcoin-sCrypt blockchain, thus allowing users to generate new BTCS coins by staking their current coins in the BTCS wallet and help confirm blocks on the network. Furthermore, this change will also help decentralize mining on the blockchain.

BTCS v.2.0.1 clients can be downloaded from the official Bitcoin-sCrypt website: https://bitcoinscrypt.io.

Additionally, BTCS v.2.0.1 clients can be compiled from code directly from our github repo: https://github.com/Bitcoin-sCrypt/Bitcoin-sCrypt. Note, the network will only accept connections from BTCS clients v.2 or higher.

The Bitcoin-sCrypt dev team looked to Novacoin/Peercoin’s POS algo for inspiration for Bitcoin-sCrypt’s hybrid POS/POW.

Staking is easy. Users simply keep BTCS coins in their wallet while the BTCS client is running with their wallet unlocked for staking. As long as the BTCS client is running and the wallet is unlocked, users will begin staking their coins to help confirm blocks on the network and generate new coins. There is an option to just unlock the wallet for staking so that the wallet remains locked for everything else, like sending coins.

After new BTCS coins are generated, they must be confirmed in 100 blocks before they can be spent. The maximum total coins ever minted will remain at 21 million, like Bitcoin-core.

Finally, because the BTCS chain has been updated to allow for Proof-of-Stake blocks, users running older versions of the BTCS client (prior to v.2.0.1) will have to re-download the blockchain from scratch.

To do so, users running the old client will have to delete two files the first time they run the new client:
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

In Windows, the files are here: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin-sCrypt

In MacOS, the files are here: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin-sCrypt

In Linux, the files are here: ~/.bitcoin-scrypt

Special thanks to the Bitcoin-sCrypt development team for delivering a fully functioning hybrid proof-of-stake client for the Bitcoin-sCrypt blockchain to allow end users to help confirm blocks on the network and generate coins and decentralize POW mining.

https://medium.com/@digital.smokeasy/community-39181f66815

MinerOne

Good news! I'm looking forward to wallet for my android smartphone in the future for easy Proof-of-Stake mining.

Thanks for your work!

Spidersbox

MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE

there are still many wallets out there that haven't updated yet

if you do not update your wallet: your old wallet will be disconnected from the correct BTCS network. any btcs sent to exchanges will never make it.

Please make sure you are running the new v2.0.1.0 wallet

MinerOne

Thank you for reminding. I have just updated my own wallet.👍

Spidersbox

yay! one more down  😛
(less than 600 blocks to go)

• Like 1

kelsey

what are the POS specs? how long before coins mature?

Spidersbox

10% annual
coinage around 20 hours

but right now pos is not working right, an we are investigating - trying to figure out why it worked fine in testnet, but not now.
mining and transfers are 100% ok -

kelsey

ok was wondering as when i posted mine wasn't showing any mature coins, so wasn't just me. anyways as of a few minutes ago mine finally staked :)

Smokeasy

We have an important announcement.

All wallets must upgrade to BTCS v.2.1.0 before block 730,000.  

An issue involving difficulty retargeting was fixed so now all clients must upgrade to Bitcoin-sCrypt Wallet client v.2.1.  The deadline is set to block 730,000.

Finally, hybrid Proof-of-Stake is enabled and running on the network so users can generate coins and help the network by staking their coins.

The latest code can be found here: https://github.com/Bitcoin-sCrypt/Bitcoin-sCrypt
Windows and Mac wallets can be found here: https://bitcoinscrypt.io

• Like 1

DimaziK

Tell me why my wallet says not staking because you don't have mature coins? My coins have been in it since may 2014 and have more than 600,000 confirmations? Thank you in advance))

Spidersbox

there is an explanation for that, and I will tell you after the fork at block 730,000
for now - we don't want people staking because it messes up the mining difficulty.
after block 730,000 I will explain in discord, and will tray to remember to post here and bct

Spidersbox

Staking staking requires that you have 'old' enough coins. pos block have a special value called "nTime" -
It is basically the creation time of the block.
The earlier pow blocks do not have the nTime value in them.
That is why they do not stake.

To make them stake, you need to turn them into new blocks, by sending them to yourself.

I suggest using the coin control so you can pick the blocks of coins you wish to combine and move.

NOTE:
you can only send about 64 blocks of coins max in a transaction.