Omega6

HI everyone,

The source code shows the changes, I am just going around places explaining what is happening. Not being able to have a thread on the other Bitcoin forum is a little bit of a pain and does slow things down.

All that has changed is that the difficulty retargets every 2 block using the average global hashing of the previous 4 blocks.

Now the pool went down for some random reason for a few hours, with makes me think someone might have tried an attack of some kind.

I will fix this and get everyone on the same chain, if you are not, I will post a link below with the blockchain from the Bitcoin Scrypts server.

Just download this and put all the files in your appdata folder, KEEP your wallet.dat file and bitcoin.conf file.Server's Current Blockchain : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qhi2j9zi0z4g3p/Put%20all%20files%20in%20Bitcoin%20Appdata%20Folder_Bitcoin_Scrypt_Blockchain.zipNo matter what has happened to the chain, if we all run of the servers blockchain, which is the correct chain, then whatever happened will be reset.

Jimmy

I downloaded your blockchain and used that and it synced up with the old wallet.

What is going to happen to the new people who download the wallet and it says 52 blocks?  Are you going to make everyone download the your blockchain file.  If you do, expect the coin to die.  No other coin works that way.

cryptominer.net

HI everyone,

The source code shows the changes, I am just going around places explaining what is happening. Not being able to have a thread on the other Bitcoin forum is a little bit of a pain and does slow things down.

All that has changed is that the difficulty retargets every 2 block using the average global hashing of the previous 4 blocks.

Now the pool went down for some random reason for a few hours, with makes me think someone might have tried an attack of some kind.

I will fix this and get everyone on the same chain, if you are not, I will post a link below with the blockchain from the Bitcoin Scrypts server.

Just download this and put all the files in your appdata folder, KEEP your wallet.dat file and bitcoin.conf file.Server's Current Blockchain : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qhi2j9zi0z4g3p/Put%20all%20files%20in%20Bitcoin%20Appdata%20Folder_Bitcoin_Scrypt_Blockchain.zipNo matter what has happened to the chain, if we all run of the servers blockchain, which is the correct chain, then whatever happened will be reset.

If you were talking about my pool, I shut it down because of the 1.1 issues.

Omega6

There are no issues with the 1.1 Version. Its just adjusts the difficulty every two blocks and adjusts it from the average hash of the previous 4. I got the idea from Extremecoin. CaptChadd added the same difficulty adjustment for that coin and he has had no problems.

I am adding another seed node tomorrow, for extra connection and then will work on checkpoints.

We badly need a block explorer, of which there is a bounty out for.

cryptominer.net

Well I think having another blockchain in 1.1 is really an issue. I have to download manually and copy database? You should work on this ASAP, or this is doomed. :wacko:

Jimmy

Well I think having another blockchain in 1.1 is really an issue. I have to download manually and copy database? You should work on this ASAP, or this is doomed. :wacko:

I agree with this statement.

cryptominer.net

Pool is up again.

Auto payout is disabled, until its confirmed that everyone gets his money correctly.

Thanks!

Jimmy

From what I'm seeing there are five things that can happen:

1.  New user downloads the new version 1.1 and sees 54 blocks.  Starts mining thinking he is getting coins, which he isn't.  Result:  user is mad.

2.  Existing user downloads new version 1.1 and the client never syncs using the old roaming folder.  Result:  user clueless and frustrated.

3.  Existing user downloads new version 1.1 and deletes roaming folder, all his coins disappear, number of blocks is very low number.  Result:  user mad thinks developer is scammer.

4.  Existing user downloads new version 1.1 and deletes roaming folder.  Starts mining the coin and messes up his wallet which has coins from the old blockchain.  Result:  user mad, frustrated, and thinks developer is scammer.

5.  Existing user downloads new version 1.1 and the blockchain files.  Result:  user happy but wondering why he had to download the blockchain when he didn't have to do that for other coins he's mined.

Omega6

One person downloaded the server blockchain and all his coins were still there. We are all still on the same chain, I was just being over cautious in case the worst happens.

Can someone download the whole blockchain naturally from scratch?

cryptominer.net

One person downloaded the server blockchain and all his coins were still there. We are all still on the same chain, I was just being over cautious in case the worst happens.

Can someone download the whole blockchain naturally from scratch?

I downlodaded the chain from your server, had all the coins, blocks number is now 16168, mining, finding blocks.

Before that, I deleted the database, only kept conf and wallet. Synced, showed only 50 or how many blocks, wallet was empty.

cryptominer.net

Blockchain is stuck.

{   "account" : "",   "category" : "immature",   "amount" : 50.01850000,   "confirmations" : 3,   "blockhash" : "7c4da85a2e34673123a4057b40097e2feb2193b48d175f9036b2d9bb808a9090",   "blockindex" : 0,   "txid" : "6c6306b355f5667415af7421c269c4902c9ee6b8c41484fce522ca2f937e3862",   "time" : 1380309285   },   {   "account" : "",   "category" : "immature",   "amount" : 50.00000000,   "confirmations" : 2,   "blockhash" : "d00d064c1af8c79ce578be24b13bb520886fdab13bb3f482f505ef0033dd1099",   "blockindex" : 0,   "txid" : "69ca5e16c9e5d26fd34c3cd8daeaeb3c89019214603016808382d0e42444fa06",   "time" : 1380309291   },   {   "account" : "",   "category" : "immature",   "amount" : 50.00000000,   "confirmations" : 1,   "blockhash" : "d67f6789b34fc296e79ed1d04ac0d97003f2ec933ef4c177775c7323ad7d3596",   "blockindex" : 0,   "txid" : "c684bdb5446c921d70c2dea295fac9ff079c1ffe0e4487b0e5032efa7a27618c",   "time" : 1380309906   } 

This is for 20 mins.

Shutting down the pool until its fixed.

Omega6

The blocks will be immature until they get 100 confirmations, this is normal.

cryptominer.net

The are all orphans now. And were not confirming for an hour.

Jimmy

The are all orphans now. And were not confirming for an hour.

I've hit a couple blocks testing this out and got no orphans.

cryptominer.net

Got an error message from pool cronjob.

XML-RPC: xmlrpcmsg::parseResponseHeaders: HTTP error, got response: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server ErrorPHP Fatal error:  Uncaught BitcoinClientException: [0]: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error)