jringo

[Whitelist] Should the project Distributed Hardware Evolution Project (DHEP) be whitelisted?

jringo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gridie

This will bring another good CPU-only project into the network. Hopefully they can keep up with all the compute we can provide!

djoser

Thanks for starting this poll!

jamezz

Don't worry CM I will use the enter key on this comment/post

Gridcoinian's this project concerns me. I did a quick check at stats looking for the top 20.

As usual the normal and typical users had RAC and Credit scores. So I thought I would check

a few work units on each of my blades and my blades only so specs Xeon X5650 24 core 192gb ram

15k SAS drives , Windows 7 , Ubuntu 18.04 on 2 and Slackware 14.2 so 4 blades ( 1335w ) with run times 19-21days WTF???

So the way the RAC system in Boinc's statistics along with the way Gridcoin payment works this project

could be a real screw up to add to the whitelist. You MAG will go UP and DOWN as your machine , faster

or slower crunches the current work with what ever time periods ( I could see my M540 I5 quad core laptops

at most likely 60 day run time ).This will effect your daily earnings as it goes down fast and comes back up slow.

I can't even see processing the current downloaded work units as a test and

to get RAC and on the charts pre-whitelist seeing as its a massive YES by a landslide.

Unless we get some whales to vote NO after this possible oversight , although I know my xeons are not bleeding edge

you MUST have bleeding edge apparently to have even 2-7 day run times depending on your budget

and Rizon 1500+ or a 1900+ and who knows how much ram. 

I was in hopes this would be a new CPU only project to crunch and something new to move over to before the pools overtake it but

the pools and ballers whom get the newest hardware as it comes out is all this project is for.

Big thumbs down for us  not having a checks and balance for the whitelisting ( or real greylist ) of projects and seeing as team members have ran work units its known and what DGAF?

Edited by jamezz (see edit history)
  • Downvote 2

djoser

Hello Jamezz,

please read the following topic in the dhep forum:

Maybe this can dissipate some of your concerns...

If you look at this project at the BOINCstats pages you will see that it reports credits just like any other project does.

Therefore it shouldn't be a hassle to integrate this project to the whitelist.

• Like 2

jamezz

@DJoser your post obviously shows ignorance to anything and everything I said. You have to complete a work unit to get credit , if the damn work units have 19-21 day run times that means in between 19-21 days = no credit coming in. Please read fully before trying to argue or ignorantly talk out your ass as if you have the magic solution. Any project can be whitelisted as you can pull down the stats and yada yada I am not new to Boinc or Gridcoin. Next... Don't make me troll your ass.

Edited by jamezz (see edit history)
  • Downvote 3

Gridie

@jamezz

I found the 20 day completion time on my AMD 6300 disturbing as well. But even though I have only completed one work unit (for some reason is was 85 seconds) I have a RAC.

I am not completely sure, but it appears that the project gives credits for Work In Progress.

You will notice that I did abort a bunch for the reason you bring up.

https://www.dhep.ga/boinc/results.php?hostid=1898

Best,

Prescott

Edited by Gridie (see edit history)

djoser
Am 24.9.2018 um 02:53 schrieb jamezz:

You have to complete a work unit to get credit , if the damn work units have 19-21 day run times that means in between 19-21 days = no credit coming in.

WRONG!!! This project is different.

From the link i provided:

o Credit is awarded hourly for processing done within workunits.
o Workunits are placeholder dummies of non-defined duration with no required validation.
o Percentage progress can be ignored as is meaningless for tasks of non-defined duration.

If you just would have read the link i provided, we wouldn't have to have this embarrassing conversation.

When you finally realise that you are wrong you can apologise for your thread of trolling me and for your insulting tone anytime!

Cheers!

Edited by djoser (see edit history)
  • Like 3

djoser

The poll is finished.

Best answer was "yes".

• Like 1

dgm17

See 1st post:   As defined in that process, validation requires 7.5% of Total Vote Weight. We will be observing AVW scores during the poll to inform future development of an AVW system.

Voting is now closed, has the vote meet this requirement?

djoser

From gridcoinstats.eu:

Voters: 191

Best Answer: Yes

Voting Shares: 47 814 239

AV-W Shares: 79 653 221 (60.03%)

Total Shares:  480 898 514 (9.94%)

So i think the 7.5% requirement of TVW was met, right?

Edited by djoser
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jamescowens
On 9/23/2018 at 8:53 PM, jamezz said:

@DJoser your post obviously shows ignorance to anything and everything I said. You have to complete a work unit to get credit , if the damn work units have 19-21 day run times that means in between 19-21 days = no credit coming in. Please read fully before trying to argue or ignorantly talk out your ass as if you have the magic solution. Any project can be whitelisted as you can pull down the stats and yada yada I am not new to Boinc or Gridcoin. Next... Don't make me troll your ass.

Jamezz. No you don't. The WU's are arbitrary placeholders. All credit is granted via the trickle credit method and is uploaded every 15 min. The %progress and WU completion times are essentially meaningless.

• Like 1

djoser

DHEP is already whitelisted!

That was fast! Thanks to everybody involved making this possible!

BR, djoser.

• Like 1