BeemerBiker

"list cpids" show wildly incorrect results - why?

BeemerBiker

Looking at results from the "list cpids" show mostly correct values of RAC but others are wildly wrong. The CPID link in the query displayed by the wallet program runs a sql query against netsoft-online. However, that query does not always agree with the values in the wallet. An example from gpugrid (ok) and milkyway (wrong) as follows

Gpugrid from my wallets "list cpids"
{
"Project" : "gpugrid",
"CPID" : "ee4a19259edf11e9e90005773cb8ad16",
"RAC" : 1896268.00000000,
"Team" : "gridcoin",
"CPID Link" : "http://boinc.netsoft-online.com/e107_plugins/boinc/get_user.php?cpid=ee4a19259edf11e9e90005773cb8ad16",
"Debug Info" : "",
"Project Settings Valid for Gridcoin" : true
},

The above value, 1896268 matches the value at https://gridcoinstats.eu/cpid/ee4a19259edf11e9e90005773cb8ad16 and is close to the actual value if I log into gpugrid and look at my account. It also matches the query, at least a the time I posted this.

On the other hand, Milkyway shows
{
"Project" : "[email protected]",
"CPID" : "ee4a19259edf11e9e90005773cb8ad16",
"RAC" : 150.00000000,
"Team" : "gridcoin",
"CPID Link" : "http://boinc.netsoft-online.com/e107_plugins/boinc/get_user.php?cpid=ee4a19259edf11e9e90005773cb8ad16",
"Debug Info" : "",
"Project Settings Valid for Gridcoin" : true
}

and the value of 150 should be closer to 3,800,000 according to the project, gridcoinstats.eu and for that matter, netsoft-online

Edited by BeemerBiker
format not correct (see edit history)

BeemerBiker

BING BING BING BING - GOTCHA!

The problem is that the Windows version is buggy.  I switched to the Ubuntu 17.10.1 Gridcoin wallet and it show the correct values when running that "list cpids" in the debug console.

I assume there will be no change in the amount of coin I am earning as hopefully the bug is superficial.  Who know?

Just for the H. E. DOUBLE L of it I tried building a windows version to see what was happening.  Didn't get past using the "new" mingw compiler on that really old oracle db package.  I should have known there was going to be a problem when I could not find a VS "solution" file in the gridcoin distribution.  Maybe better luck with the Linux build.  17.10.1 looks really nice but I spent 2 days trying to get VNCSERVER to show the new desktop and finally gave up trying to run headless.

iFoggz

hello all,

Correction this affected all clients however has been fixed. one character was shaved off and a small modification to code fixed the bug. I completed this and it has since be in latest releases. cheers

-iFoggz Gridcoin CORE Developer